Alan W. Bock (December 3, 1943 – May 18, 2011) was an American libertarian author. He was a senior editorial writer and former editorial page editor for the Orange County Register for over 25 years. He wrote regular columns for WorldNetDaily, LewRockwell.com, and Antiwar.com and was a contributing editor at Liberty magazine. He had also been published in The American Conservative.
Bock was also an active public speaker having experience in radio and television. He spoke at such forums as the Cato Institute, Reason Foundation, the Drug Policy Foundation, American Enterprise Institute, Freedom Summit, the Liberty Editors' Conference and the Festival of Freedom. In the 1970s, Bock spent eight years in Washington, D.C., where he worked for two different congressmen. He then formed a libertarian lobbying organization called Libertarian Advocate. He also spent some time working as a radio talk-show host where he appeared on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, PBS, and countless others. He contributed to Reason, Freeman, National Review, and Harvard Business Review.
He was the author of four books:
- The Ecology Action Guide (1971) ISBN 0-840211-86-4, OCLC 302290
- I Saw the Light: The Gospel Life of Hank Williams (1977) OCLC 50323514
- Ambush at Ruby Ridge: How Government Agents Set Randy Weaver Up and Took His Family Down (1995) ISBN 1-880741-48-2, OCLC 32779088
- Waiting to Inhale: the Politics of Medical Marijuana (2000) ISBN 0-929765-82-6, OCLC 45064514
- Justin Raimondo, RIP, Alan Bock, Antiwar.com, May 18, 2011.
- "Alan Bock". Alan Bock. Retrieved 12 May 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Bock, Alan (2004-11-08) Libertarian Resistance, The American Conservative
- Taylor, Cathy. "Liberty loses a friend: In memory of Alan Bock". The Orange County Register. Retrieved 18 May 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Register editorial writer Alan Bock, 67, dies, Orange County Register, May 19, 2011.
- Bio at OCRegister.com
- Bio from the Advocates for Self-Government
- Alan Bock columns at Antiwar.com
- Alan Bock's Official Website AlanBock.com
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Riggenbach, Jeff (June 3, 2011). "Alan Bock: Libertarian Intellectual". Mises Daily. Ludwig von Mises Institute.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>