Charles Hugh Smith
|Charles Hugh Smith|
|Born||December 5, 1953
Santa Monica, California
|Period||May 2005 to present|
|Genre||romantic comedy, contemporary romance, action/adventure, war, spiritual quest|
Charles Hugh Smith is an American writer and blogger. He is the chief writer for the site "Of Two Minds". Started in 2005, this site has been listed No. 7 in CNBC's top alternative financial sites. His commentary is featured on a number of sites including: Zerohedge.com., The American Conservative and Peak Prosperity. He graduated from the University of Hawaii, Manoa in Honolulu. Charles Hugh Smith currently resides in Berkeley, California and Hilo, Hawaii.
Mr. Smith's articles, which critique the status quo, had influence from Braudel's historical account of early capitalism. Smith's economic works stress the value and efficacy of decentralizing power and wealth, the individual's power of self-determination and the value of community, which in his view has been diminished by the state.
Mr. Smith's first published work, Weblogs & New Media: Marketing in Crisis, appeared in 2008.
- Weblogs & New Media: Marketing in Crisis (2008)
- Survival+: Structuring Prosperity for Yourself and the Nation (2009)
- An Unconventional Guide to Investing in Troubled Times (2011)
- Resistance, Revolution, Liberation: A Model for Positive Change (2012)
- Why things are Falling Apart (2012)
- The Nearly Free University and The Emerging Economy:The Revolution in Higher Education (2013)
- Get a Job, Build a Real Career and Defy a Bewildering Economy (2014)
- A Radically Beneficial World: Automation, Technology and Creating Jobs for All (2015)
- I-State Lines
- Four Bidding for Love
- Claire's Great Adventure
- Verona in Spring