Computer Networks: The Heralds of Resource Sharing
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'strict' not found. Computer Networks: The Heralds of Resource Sharing is a documentary film from 1972, produced by Steven King and directed/edited by Peter Chvany, about ARPANET. It features many of the most important names in computer networking.
- Fernando J. Corbato (Corby), more links here: (voice 0:45-1:15, face 1:00-1:15, 15:10-15:40) Turing Award-winning implementer of multitasking operating systems.
- J.C.R. Licklider: (1:00-1:40), and many times throughout the film
- Lawrence G. Roberts: (voice 1:40-2:25) SIGCOMM Award winner.
- Robert Kahn: (2:25-2:35, 3:15-6:25, 6:55-) Turing Award winner.
- Frank Heart: (2:35-3:15, 6:25-6:55)
- William R. Sutherland (Bert): (13:50-15:10)
- Richard W. Watson: (17:34-18:30, 25:05-25:15) Dick is one of the key mass storage researchers of the last thirty years.
- John R. Pasta: (18:30-19:25)
- Donald W. Davies: (19:25-21:55)
- George W. Mitchell: (21:55-24:05, voice only)
- Daniel L. Murphy: (Behind the titles, several other times, best about 15:44)
- (8:27-8:32, with beard and glasses): previously misidentified as Jon Postel
- Media and urban space: understanding, investigating and approaching mediacity, Frank Eckardt, 2008. ISBN 3-86596-142-8.
- Computer Networks - The Heralds of Resource Sharing (Arpanet, 1972) at the Internet Archive