Kibbe speaking at CPAC 2012.
|Occupation||Senior Advisor, Concerned American Voters|
Matthew B. "Matt" Kibbe is a senior advisor at Concerned American Voters. Prior to joining Concerned American Voters, he was the President of FreedomWorks, a position he held from 2004-2015. He was formerly CEO, the post now held by Adam Brandon. He originally joined the organization (previously known as Citizens for a Sound Economy) as a policy analyst in 1986. He previously worked as Chief of Staff to U.S. Representative Dan Miller (R-FL), Senior Economist at the Republican National Committee (where he resigned in protest when George H. W. Bush violated his no new taxes pledge), Director of Federal Budget Policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and Managing Editor of Market Process, an academic economics journal published by the Center for the Study of Market Processes at George Mason University.
Kibbe has been published in publications including The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Times, USA Today, RedState.com, America Spectator and Reason Magazine. On television, Kibbe has appeared on MSNBC’s The Dylan Ratigan Show, MSNBC’s Hardball, FOX News’ Fox & Friends, FOX News’ Glenn Beck, NBC’s The Today Show, FOX News’ America's Newsroom, C-SPAN, FOX News’ Neil Cavuto, FOX Business Network’s Happy Hour, and HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher
Kibbe's wife, Terry, is a fundraiser for FreedomWorks.
Kibbe is a craft beer fan who has traveled to California to visit the Russian River Brewing Company. Kibbe is also a devoted Grateful Dead fan and has said that Deadheads exemplify the self-organizing principles he subscribes to.
Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto
- Armey, Dick; Matt Kibbe (2010). Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0-06-201587-7.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Kibbe, Matt (2012). Hostile Takeover: Resisting Centralized Government's Stranglehold on America. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0-06-219601-9.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Kibbe, Matt (2014). Don't Hurt People and Don't Take Their Stuff: A Libertarian Manifesto. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0062308252.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Freedomworks 2012Form 990" (PDF). GuideStar. Internal Revenue Service.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Marcus, Rachel (2012-04-19). "Tea party leader Dick Armey gets first-class treatment". Huffington Post. Retrieved 4 December 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Rising from the Dead, Newsmax
- Matt Kibbe, FreedomWorks
- Matt Kibbe, HarperCollins Publishers
- 6, The Wall Street Journal
- 7, The Washington Times
- 8, Reason.com
- Videos, FreedomWorks
- Pliny Fever Strikes Santa Rosa Press Democrat
- Rising from the Dead Newsmax Media[dead link]
- 2, The Washington Post
- Political Bookworm, The Washington Post