Ralph H. Demmler
|Ralph H. Demmler|
|Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission|
|President||Dwight D. Eisenhower|
|Born||August 22, 1904|
|Died||December 23, 1995
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
|Political party||Republican Party|
|Children||John H. Demmler|
|Alma mater||Allegheny College
University of Pittsburgh
|Occupation||Lawyer and appointed United States government official|
Early life and education
This section requires expansion with: birth place, parentage and early education. (October 2012)
He began his law practice in Pittsburgh in 1928.
A member of the Republican Party, he served as chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) between June 1953 and 1955. Demmler had been appointed a member of the commission just earlier.
- Attorneys in the United States
- List of Allegheny College alumni
- List of University of Pittsburgh people
- List of people from the Pittsburgh metropolitan area
- Gilpin, Kenneth (December 29, 1995). "Ralph Demmler, 91, Chairman Of the S.E.C. Under Eisenhower". The New York Times. Retrieved October 4, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- [full citation needed]Social Security Death Index.