Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City
|Đại Học Quốc Gia Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh|
|Established||January 27, 1995|
|Director||Phan Thanh Bình|
|Location||Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
|Campus||Suburban, 643.7 hectares|
Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnamese: Đại học Quốc gia Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh) is one of the two largest national universities in Vietnam (the other is Vietnam National University, Hanoi, founded on 27 January 1995, and reorganized on 12 February 2001, under the Decision no. 15/2001/QĐ-TTg by the Prime Minister of Vietnam Phan Văn Khải). The university now provides graduate and postgraduate (master, doctor education) education to 35,391 students, including:
- 120 undergraduate programs
- 83 M.Sc and M.Eng programs
- 82 doctoral programs
The education professionals cover technology, natural sciences, basic sciences, social and humanity sciences, literature, foreign languages, and business. The headquarters of the university is in Linh Trung ward, Thủ Đức District, Thu Duc University Village, Ho Chi Minh City. The university is planning a new campus project with the area of 643.7 ha.
- 1 History
- 2 Members of the university
- 2.1 High School for the Gifted
- 2.2 Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
- 2.3 Ho Chi Minh City University of Science
- 2.4 Ho Chi Minh City University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- 2.5 Ho Chi Minh City International University
- 2.6 Ho Chi Minh City University of Information Technology
- 2.7 University of Economics and Law
- 2.8 Vietnamese-German University
- 2.9 School of Medicine
- 2.10 Institute of Environment and Natural Resources
- 2.11 International Education Institute
- 3 Other members
- 4 Board of Presidents
- 5 Notes
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City was founded on 27 January 1995 by government decree 16/CP on the basis of the merger of nine universities (members): (University of Ho Chi Minh City, Thu Duc Technology Training University, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Ho Chi Minh City University of Agriculture and Sylviculture, University of Economics, University of Accounting and Finance, Ho Chi Minh City Pedagogical University, Ho Chi Minh City Architecture University, branch of Law University of Hanoi into eight members and officially declared on 6 February 1996.
On 12 February 2001, Vietnamese Prime Minister Phan Văn Khải signed a Decision no. 15/2001/QĐ-TTg on reorganization of this university. According to the decision, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City, the same applied for Vietnam National University, Hanoi, shall have specific internal organization and activity (unlike the one applicable for other Vietnamese universities), will be given priority to involve in education of postgraduate and science research of spheres of technologies, to be a pioneer in education and science, to contribute significantly to the country's economic and scientific development.
Also in this decision, some member universities were split from Ho Chi Minh City National University and came under the management of the Ministry of Education. At present, Ho Chi Minh City National University consists of six member universities, two institutes, and one faculty:
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Natural Sciences
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Ho Chi Minh City International University
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Information Technology
- University of Economics and Law
- Vietnamese-German University
- Institute for Environment and Resources (Viện Môi trường và Tài nguyên)
- International Education Institute (Viện Đào tạo Quốc tế)
- Faculty of Medicine (Khoa Y)
Members of the university
Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City includes the following members:
To be a student of High School for Gifted, an applicant needs to pass a very challenging exam. Annually, about 30 top students from approximately 4000+ will be admitted for each subject. The requirements for entrance exams are subjected to change each year. However, the specialized subject score cannot be lower than 6 out of 10. The total score varies from 24 to 30 depending on what subject students choose to take.
Teachers are usually professors from campuses of the National University of Vietnam. Furthermore, for specialized subjects, students are supposed to learn up to freshmen or sophomore level in college.
The school is best known for its record in a lot of national and international competitions.
This university offers:
- Education of engineers: IT, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electricity – Electronics, Construction and Civil, Applied Sciences, Industrial Management, Environment Management, Geology–Petroleum Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Materials Technology
- Master's degree: Drilling and Petrochemical Engineering, Biology, MBA, Technical Physics, Mineral Geology and Exploration, Environmental Geology, Geological Technics, Mapping, Remote Sensing, Applied Maths, Computer Sciences, Technical Mechanics, Engine Manufacture Engineering, Rough Draft Production, Industry System, Automobile Technics & Tack, Electrical grid and generator, Automation, Electronics, Chemical Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Chemical Process and Equipment, Geodesy, Food and Beverage Technology, Civil and Construction, Bridge Construction Engineering, Road Construction Engineering, Waterway Construction Engineering, Offshore Structural Construction, Geotechnology, Construction Materials and construction materials Engineering, Construction Management, Inorganic Chemical Engineering, Metal Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Environmental Technology, Environmental Management, Construction Equipment.
- Doctoral Degree: Business Administration, Technical Physics, Quaternary geology, geo-tectonic, Mapping, Food and Beverage Processing, Engine Manufacturing Engineering, Textile Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Organic Chemical Engineering, Inorganic Chemical Engineering, Material Shaping Engineering, Airconditioning Engineering, Thermal Equipment Engineering, New Energy, Geodesy, Food and Beverage Technology, Civil and Construction, Bride Construction Engineering, Road Construction Engineering, Waterway Construction Engineering, Offshore Structural Construction, Geotechnology, Construction Materials and construction materials Engineering, Construction Management, Inorganic Chemical Engineering, Metal Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Environmental Technology, Environmental Management, Construction Equipment.
University-level education of Mathematics and Computer Science, Information Technology, Physics and Engineering Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Biology, Biotech, Environmental Sciences, Material Sciences.
College level of IT, Electronics, Math – Applied IT.
University level education of Psychology, Philosophy, Literature and Press, International Relations, Orient Research, History, Social Work, Tourism, English Literature, Korean Studies, Russian Literature, Japanese Studies, French Literature, Italian Literature, Chinese Literature, German Literature, Geography, Social Studies, Education Studies, Cultural Studies, Library - Information, Sociology, Vietnamese Studies and Vietnamese language for foreigners.
The university was founded in 2003 and became the first public university in Vietnam whose language of teaching is mainly English. It is now in cooperation with University of Nottingham, University of the West of England, Auckland University of Technology, State University of New York at Binghamton, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, University of New South Wales, Asian Institute of Technology, The University of Auckland and The Catholic University of America. Diploma may be issued by National University or by its partners. The university offers undergraduate programmes: Information Technology, Biotechnology, Electrical Engineering, Food Technology, Industrial System Engineering, BioMedical Engineering, Aquaculture Resource Development, Business Administration and Banking and Finance.
University level education of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information System and Network and Communication.
The university was founded in 2000 as the Faculty of Economics under Viet Nam National University, Ho Chi Minh City. In 2010, the faculty was promoted to member university status.
University level education of Economics, External Economics, Community Economics, Finance and Banking, Accounting/Auditing, Info Network, Business Administration, Business Law and International Trade Law.
The university was founded officially in March 2008 under the form of a partnership between Vietnam and German. In its administrative and academic structure, VGU follows the German model and standards. VGU currently offers Bachelor’s and Master's programs, covering the fields of engineering and natural sciences. In March 2016, The Government Office annouces that The Prime Minister of Vietnam Nguyễn Tấn Dũng decided to change the management agencies of two universities, VGU and University of Science and Technology of Hanoi. Accourding to that Decision, VGU is now a member of VNU-HCM.
School of Medicine
Institute of Environment and Natural Resources
International Education Institute
- John von Neumann Institute
- Central Library
- IT Park
- Laboratory for Nano Technology
- Center for International Education (CIE)
- Center for Educational Testing and Quality Assessment
- Center for Political Theory
- Center for French Universities (PUF-HCM)
- Center for National Defense Education
- Center for Dormitory Management
- Foreign Language Center
- Center for Investment Promotion & Services
- Center for Human Resource Development
- Center for Predoctoral Training (CPT)
- Publishing House
Board of Presidents
President: Prof. Dr. Phan Thanh Bình
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Huỳnh Thành Đạt
- Dr. Nguyễn Đức Nghĩa
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyễn Hội Nghĩa
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dương Anh Đức
- Government Decree 16/CP on establishment of HCMC NU, dated 27 January 1995
- http://en.vnuhcm.edu.vn/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=52 "Organizational Structure"
- The English homepage of Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City
- Website of High School for the Gifted- a subsidiary of VNU-HCM
- Website of HCMC University of Technology, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of HCMC University of Science, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of HCMC University of Social Sciences and Humanities, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of HCMC International University, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of HCMC University of Information Technology, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of University of Economics and Law, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of Center for Predoctoral Training, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of Central Library, VNU-HCM
- Website of VNU-HCM Hostel Administration
- Website of Center for International Education (CIE), VNU-HCM
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.