|Full name||Özgür Çek|
|Date of birth||3 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Erbaa, Turkey|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Left back / Winger|
|2009–2010||→ Ankaragücü (loan)||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 December 2015.
Çek began his footballing at a Fenerbahçe school in Istanbul. In 2002, he moved to local club Maltepespor due to its proximity from his residence. He was transferred to Pendikspor in 2004, with club scouts having been impressed with his talent. Çek was persuaded by the clubs training facilities and former players who had gone through the youth system at Pendikspor. His dream was to eventually move to one of Istanbul's big three clubs: Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray. Çek later received offers from all three clubs in 2006, choosing Fenerbahçe in the end. In an interview, Çek remarked that he knew it was very hard for youth players to breakthrough into the first team at Fenerbahçe, but stated that his biggest dream was to play for the club.
Fenerbahçe signed him to his first professional contract on 1 July 2006. However, he did not make any league appearances for the club, and was later sent to Ankaraspor as part of the deal that brought Özer Hurmacı to Fenerbahçe. His professional debut came against Gaziantepspor on 23 August 2009. Çek's career with the club didn't last long, as they were expelled from the league because of "its relationship with Ankaragücü, ruling that it was contrary to sporting competitiveness" (see 2009–10 in Turkish football). As a result, Çek was loaned out to Ankaragücü for the rest of the season. His deal was made permanent at the end of the year, Ankaraspor having ceased operations, signing a five-year deal with Ankaragücü. Çek has been a regular fixture in the side for the 2010–11 season, starting the first seven matches while scoring two goals.
- ÖZGÜR ÇEK tff.org (Turkish), accessed 23 May 2010
- Mazlum Uluç (1 October 2010). "Sol çizgide açık çek: Özgür Çek" (in Turkish). tff.org. Retrieved 10 October 2010. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Ankaraspor 'etkisiz eleman'" (in Turkish). ntvmsnbc.com. 9 October 2009. Retrieved 10 October 2010. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Ankaraspor ligden düşürüldü!" (in Turkish). fanatik.net. 15 September 2009. Retrieved 10 October 2010. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Özgür Çek'i Es-Es kaptı" (in Turkish). ligtv.com.tr. 5 January 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2013. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>