.ge is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Georgia.
.ge top-level domain names are available for registration for residents of Georgia (unlimited) or for foreign companies via representation of any local legal person (limited to one domain name per registrant). Second-level domain names are also available for registration for several specific types of registrants:
- .com.ge - only for commercial organizations
- .edu.ge - only for educational institutions
- .gov.ge - only for governmental organizations
- .org.ge - only for non-governmental organizations
- .mil.ge - only for state military organizations
- .net.ge - only for network provider or network project organizations
- .pvt.ge - only for private persons
.ge was delegated to Georgian ISP SaNet in 1992. In 2006 Caucasus Online has been formed after merger of 3 companies (including SaNet) and became sponsor of .ge. Registration service was initially provided by non-profit organization Internet Development Group - Georgia, but after introduction of Caucasus Online it exclusively consolidated both administrative and registrar roles.
In 2011 a new top-level domain name was registered for Georgia, intended for domain names in the local language. The top-level domain is .გე. However it has, as of 2014, not become active. .gov.ge was delegated to LEPL Smart Logic in 2014.