From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research|
|Sponsor||Ministry of Communications (Kuwait)|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Kuwait|
|Actual use||Popular in Kuwait|
|Registration restrictions||Limited to Kuwaiti citizens, companies, and organizations; must show appropriate documents to prove status; some third-level names have additional restrictions|
|Structure||Registrations are made at third level beneath several second-level names|
Second level domains
Registrations are at the third level beneath these names:
- edu.kw: Academic and research institutions
- com.kw: Commercial entities and individuals
- net.kw: Commercial entities and individuals
- org.kw: Non-Profit organizations
- gov.kw: Government entities
Registration is done through third party ISP companies by providing the right documents and a fee of 40 KD for two years registration
Local Main ISPs
.com.kw / .net.kw
- A copy from the applicant civil id.
- A brief hand written paragraph indicating the individual intent to register the subject domain name.
- An official signed and stamped company letter from the company manager requesting the domain name operation.
- A valid certificate from Ministry of Commerce with a clear expiry date. (This paper is needed for new registration and renewal operations)
- An official signed and stamped letter from the organization manager requesting the domain name registration.
- A letter from Ministry of Social Affairs stating that the organization is nonprofit.
- An official signed and stamped letter from the organization manager requesting the domain name operation.
- A letter from Ministry of Education proving that the organization is a registered institution for beginners, intermediate, high school, college, .. etc.
- An official signed and stamped letter requesting the domain name operation.
- Letter must originate from one of these offices:
- Minister's Office.
- Deputy Minister's Office.
- Public Relation's Office
- Computer Support/ Network Support Department/ Information System Department.