1. SC Feucht
|Full name||1. Sportclub Feucht e.V.|
|League||Bayernliga Nord (V)|
The club's greatest success has been promotion to the tier three Regionalliga Süd in 2003 where it played for two seasons before being relegated again in 2005.
Fußball Club Feucht was established as the town's first football team in 1920 and renamed Sportclub Feucht in 1923. The club was dissolved in 1925 and 1. SC Feucht emerged as its successor in 1927.
The team played in lower level local competition until winning its way into the Landesliga Bayern-Mitte (V) in 1995. Two years later that advance was followed by promotion to the Bayernliga (IV) and then, in 2003, to the Regionalliga Süd (III). However the club was unable to sustain itself financially at that level and, despite finishing clear of the relegation zone, voluntarily withdrew to the Bayernliga in 2005 after beginning bankruptcy proceedings in February that year. New sponsorship briefly secured the club's position, but it again faced insolvency in March 2007. The team competed in the Landesliga Bayern-Mitte after being sent down following a 19th place finish in 2006–07. In this league, the club struggeled, too, finishing 14th and having to secure survival through a post-season decider against SC Eltersdorf, which Feucht won.
In 2008–09, the club suffered another relegation, now to the Bezirksoberliga Mittelfranken (VII). Changes in the league system in 2012 meant that the club, after a championship in the Bezirksoberliga, qualified for the promotion round to the newly expanded Bayernliga. After a first round victory over SV Buckenhofen the club was knocked out in the second round by DJK Don Bosco Bamberg and failed to qualify for the Bayernliga but earned Landesliga promotion instead. At the end of the 2013–14 Feucht was moved to the Nordost division of the Landesliga. The following season the club won the league and earned promotion back to the Bayernliga.
1. SC Feucht plays its home fixtures in the Waldstadion which has a capacity of 3,500. In the 2007–08 season, the club had the second-worst support in its league, an average of 154 spectators per match.
The club's honours:
Recent managers of the club:
|Roland Seitz||9 October 2001||30 June 2005|
|Norbert Winkler||1 July 2007||27 March 2007|
|Vanco Timov||26 March 2007||30 June 2008|
|2004–05||Regionalliga Süd||14th ↓|
|2008–09||Landesliga Bayern-Mitte||VI||18th ↓|
|2011–12||Bezirksoberliga Mittelfranken||1st ↑|
|2014–15||Landesliga Bayern-Nordost||1st ↑|
- With the introduction of the Bezirksoberligas in 1988 as the new fifth tier, below the Landesligas, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the introduction of the Regionalligas in 1994 and the 3. Liga in 2008 as the new third tier, below the 2. Bundesliga, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the establishment of the Regionalliga Bayern as the new fourth tier in Bavaria in 2012 the Bayernliga was split into a northern and a southern division, the number of Landesligas expanded from three to five and the Bezirksoberligas abolished. All leagues from the Bezirksligas onwards were elevated one tier.
- Das war die Relegation 2012 auf Verbandsebene (German) fupa.net, published: 7 June 2012, accessed 8 June 2012
- Landesliga Mitte 2007/08 – Zuschauertabelle Bayliga.de, accessed: 10 June 2008
- 1. SC Feucht .:. Trainer von A-Z (German) weltfussball.de, accessed: 5 April 2011
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv (German) Historical German domestic league tables
- Fussball.de – Ergebnisse (German) Tables and results of all German football leagues
- Grüne, Hardy (2001). Vereinslexikon. Kassel: AGON Sportverlag ISBN 3-89784-147-9