From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1120s 1130s 1140s – 1150s – 1160s 1170s 1180s|
|Years:||1152 1153 1154 – 1155 – 1156 1157 1158|
|1155 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1155 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||1908|
|English Regnal year||1 Hen. 2 – 2 Hen. 2|
|Chinese calendar||甲戌年 (Wood Dog)
3851 or 3791
— to —
乙亥年 (Wood Pig)
3852 or 3792
|- Vikram Samvat||1211–1212|
|- Shaka Samvat||1077–1078|
|- Kali Yuga||4256–4257|
|Japanese calendar||Kyūju 2
|Minguo calendar||757 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1466/1467 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1697–1698|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1155.|
- June 18 – Frederick I Barbarossa is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- The city of Bari rebels against the king of Sicily and recognizes the Byzantine emperor, Manuel I, as its overlord.
- The city of Bristol, UK (Brigstow) given a Royal Charter.
- The Papal bull Laudabiliter gives the King of England lordship over Ireland.
- Theotokos of Vladimir is taken to Vladimir from Suzdal.
- February 28 – Henry the Young King, son of Henry II of England (d. 1183)
- May 17 – Jien, Japanese poet and historian (d. 1225)
- November 11 – King Alfonso VIII of Castile (d. 1214)
- Saito Musashibo Benkei, Japanese fighting monk
- Kamo no Chōmei, Japanese author (d. 1216)
- February 6 – King Sigurd II of Norway (b. 1133)
- June – Arnold of Brescia, Italian monk and rebel (b. 1090)
- August 22 – Emperor Konoe of Japan (b. 1139)
- date unknown