From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
(Redirected from 1212 BC)
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||14th century BC – 13th century BC – 12th century BC|
|Decades:||1240s BC 1230s BC 1220s BC – 1210s BC – 1200s BC 1190s BC 1180s BC|
|Years:||1219 BC 1218 BC 1217 BC 1216 BC 1215 BC 1214 BC 1213 BC 1212 BC 1211 BC 1210 BC|
Events and trends
- 1213 BC–1203 BC—Merneptah Stele makes the earliest recorded mention of Israel.
- 1213 BC—Theseus, legendary King of Athens, is deposed and succeeded by Menestheus, great-grandson of Erechtheus and second cousin of Theseus' father Aegeus. Menestheus is reportedly assisted by Castor and Polydeuces of Sparta, who want to reclaim their sister Helen from her first husband Theseus. The latter seeks refuge in Skyros, whose King Lycomedes is an old friend and ally. Lycomedes, however, considers his visitor a threat to the throne and proceeds to assassinate him (though other accounts place these events a decade later, in the 1200s BC).
- 1213 BC—Ramesses II dies (other date is 1212 BC).
- 1212 BC—Death of Egyptian Pharaoh Ramesses the Great.
- 1210 BC—Accession of legendary Magadhan king Subrata of the Brihadrata dynasty.