From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1200s 1210s 1220s – 1230s – 1240s 1250s 1260s|
|Years:||1236 1237 1238 – 1239 – 1240 1241 1242|
|1239 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1239 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||1992|
|English Regnal year||23 Hen. 3 – 24 Hen. 3|
|Chinese calendar||戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
3935 or 3875
— to —
己亥年 (Earth Pig)
3936 or 3876
|- Vikram Samvat||1295–1296|
|- Shaka Samvat||1161–1162|
|- Kali Yuga||4340–4341|
|Japanese calendar||Ryakunin 2 / En'ō 1
|Minguo calendar||673 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1781–1782|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1239.|
- March 20 – Pope Gregory IX excommunicates Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor.
- November – the pope grants the status of Crusade to king of Castile's ongoing invasion of the muslim kingdom of Murcia.
- Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor conducts the Siege of Faenza.
- The main tower of Lincoln Cathedral in England collapses.
- Foundation of Netley Abbey in England.
- Mongol invasion of Rus is in progress, bringing with it a pandemic of Rinderpest.
- June 17 – King Edward I of England (d. 1307)
- December 17 – Kujo Yoritsugu, Japanese shogun (d. 1256)
- Peter III of Aragon (d. 1285)
- John II, Duke of Brittany (d. 1305)
- Ippen, Japanese monk (d. 1289)
- March 3 – Vladimir III Rurikovich, Grand Prince of Kiev (b. 1187)
- March 20 – Hermann von Salza, fourth Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights
- March 28 – Emperor Go-Toba of Japan (b. 1180)
- Cormac mac Art O Melaghlain, King of Meath
- de Epalza, Miguel (1999). Negotiating cultures: bilingual surrender treaties in Muslim-Crusader Spain under James the Conqueror. Brill. p. 96. ISBN 90-04-11244-8.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>