From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
(Redirected from 1280 BC)
Events and trends
- 1290 BC—Seti I becomes Pharaoh of Egypt.
- c. 1285 BC—Judgement of Hunefer before Osiris, illustration from a Book of the Dead is painted. 19th dynasty. It is now in the British Museum, London.
- 1282 BC—Pandion II, legendary King of Athens, dies after a nominal reign of 25 years. He reportedly only reigned in Megara while Athens and the rest of Attica were under the control of an alliance of Nobles led by his uncle Metion (son of Erechtheus of Athens) and his sons (including in some accounts Daedalus). His four sons lead a successful military campaign to regain the throne. Aegeus becomes King of Athens, Nisos reigns in Megara, Lykos in Euboea and Pallas in southern Attica.
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||14th century BC – 13th century BC – 12th century BC|
|Decades:||1310s BC 1300s BC 1290s BC – 1280s BC – 1270s BC 1260s BC 1250s BC|
|Years:||1289 BC 1288 BC 1287 BC 1286 BC 1285 BC 1284 BC 1283 BC 1282 BC 1281 BC 1280 BC|
- c. 1280 BC—The Torah is believed to have been fully composed around this time.
- The walls of Troy VII/Wilusa are constructed.