From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1380s 1390s 1400s – 1410s – 1420s 1430s 1440s|
|Years:||1411 1412 1413 – 1414 – 1415 1416 1417|
|1414 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1414 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2167|
|English Regnal year||1 Hen. 5 – 2 Hen. 5|
|Chinese calendar||癸巳年 (Water Snake)
4110 or 4050
— to —
甲午年 (Wood Horse)
4111 or 4051
|- Vikram Samvat||1470–1471|
|- Shaka Samvat||1336–1337|
|- Kali Yuga||4515–4516|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 21
|Minguo calendar||498 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1956–1957|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1414.|
- January 7 – Michael Küchmeister von Sternberg becomes the 28th Grand Master of the Teutonic Order.
- May 28 – Khizr Khan (Timur's governor of Multan) takes the Delhi Sultanate from Daulat Khan Lodi, founding the Sayyid dynasty.
- August 6 – Joanna II succeeds her brother Ladislaus as Queen of Naples.
- November 16 – The Council of Constance begins.
- Ernest, Duke of Austria (head of the Leopoldian line of the House of Habsburg) is the last duke to be enthroned in the Duchy of Carinthia according to the ancient Carantanian ritual of installing dukes at the Prince's Stone; he adopts the title of Archduke.
- Alien priory cells are suppressed in England.[where?]
- The Tibetan lama Je Tsongkhapa of the Gelug school of Buddhism declines the offer of the Yongle Emperor of China to appear in the capital at Nanjing, although he sends his disciple Chosrje Shākya Yeshes, who is given the title "State Teacher". The later Xuande Emperor will grant Yeshes the title of a king upon a return visit to China (to the new capital at Beijing).
- Durham School is founded as a grammar school in the city of Durham in England by Thomas Langley, Prince-Bishop of Durham; it continues in existence as an independent school 600 years later.
- May 14 – Francis I, Duke of Brittany (d. 1450)
- July 21 – Pope Sixtus IV (d. 1484)
- August 18 – Jami, Persian poet (d. 1492)
- November 9 – Albrecht III Achilles, Elector of Brandenburg (d. 1486)
- date unknown
- probable – Narsinh Mehta, poet-saint of Gujarat (d. 1481)
- February 19 – Thomas Arundel, Archbishop of Canterbury (b. 1353)
- August 6 – King Ladislaus of Naples (b. 1377)
- September 1 – William de Ros, 6th Baron de Ros, Lord Treasurer of England (b. 1369)
- date unknown
- probable – Zyndram of Maszkowice, Polish 14th- and 15th-century knight (b. 1355)