From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1430s 1440s 1450s – 1460s – 1470s 1480s 1490s|
|Years:||1459 1460 1461 – 1462 – 1463 1464 1465|
|1462 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1462 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2215|
|English Regnal year||1 Edw. 4 – 2 Edw. 4|
|Chinese calendar||辛巳年 (Metal Snake)
4158 or 4098
— to —
壬午年 (Water Horse)
4159 or 4099
|- Vikram Samvat||1518–1519|
|- Shaka Samvat||1384–1385|
|- Kali Yuga||4563–4564|
|Japanese calendar||Kanshō 3
|Minguo calendar||450 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||2004–2005|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1462.|
- March 27 – Vasili II of Russia dies, and is succeeded by his son Ivan III of Russia.
- June 17 – Vlad III Dracula attempts to assassinate Mehmed II in The Night Attack, forcing Mehmed to retreat from Wallachia.
- July 1 – Battle of Seckenheim.
- September 17 – Thirteen Years' War – Battle of Świecino (Battle of Żarnowiec): The Kingdom of Poland defeats the Teutonic Order.
- September – Mehmed II captures the town of Mytilene, thus conquering the island of Lesbos, in the Siege of Mytilene
- The Jews are expelled from Mainz, Germany.
- Portugal begins to settle the Cape Verde islands with slaves from the coast of Guinea.
- January 2 – Piero di Cosimo, Italian artist (d. 1521)
- February 1 – Johannes Trithemius, German scholar and cryptographer (d. 1516)
- February 21 – Joanna la Beltraneja, princess of Castile (d. 1530)
- June 27 – Louis XII of France (d. 1515)
- date unknown
- probable – Edmund Dudley, minister of Henry VII of England (d. 1510)
- February 26 – John de Vere, 12th Earl of Oxford (b. 1408)
- March 27 – Vasily II of Moscow, Grand Prince of Moscow (b. 1415)
- August 26 – Catherine Zaccaria, Despotess of the Morea
- date unknown