1772 in Canada
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Years in Canada:||1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775|
|Centuries:||17th century · 18th century · 19th century|
|Decades:||1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s 1800s|
|Years:||1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775|
|Part of a series on the|
|History of Canada|
|Year list / Timeline|
Events from the year 1772 in Canada.
- Samuel Hearne explores Coppermine River to Arctic Ocean.
- HBC Mathey Cocking, to Blackfeet country west of Eagle Hills.
- The Hudson's Bay Company opens Cumberland House on the Saskatchewan River.
- James Cook and George Vancouver explore the northwest coast of America.
- The Yorkshire emigration begins with the arrival of 62 passengers aboard The Duke of York.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|