1856 in Canada
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Years in Canada:||1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859|
|Centuries:||18th century · 19th century · 20th century|
|Decades:||1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s|
|Years:||1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859|
|Part of a series on the|
|History of Canada|
|Year list / Timeline|
Events from the year 1856 in Canada.
- May 15 - Creation of the village of Embrun, Ontario.
- Formation of the British Methodist Episcopal Church (BME), an all Black church.
- The Grand Trunk Railway opens its Sarnia-Toronto-Montreal line.
- May 16 - Charles Melville Hays, railway executive (died 1912)
- May 20 - Eliza Ritchie, feminist
- July 31 - John Oliver, politician and Premier of British Columbia (died 1927)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2011)