1899 Birthday Honours
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
The Queen's Birthday Honours 1899 were announced in celebration of the 24 May birthday of Queen Victoria.
Order of the Bath
Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath (GCB)
- Charles Scott, GCMG CB, Ambassador Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary at Saint Petersburg.
- Henry Morton Stanley, Esq MP
- General John Forbes, KCB, Bombay Cavalry.
- Admiral Walter Hunt-Grubbe, KCB.
- Admiral Edmund Fremantle, KCB CMG.
- Admiral Sir John Ommanney Hopkins, KCB.
- General Sir Robert Biddulph, GCMG KCB, Royal Artillery, Governor and Commander-in-Chief, Gibraltar.
Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath (KCB)
- John Farquharson, CB, Royal Engineers, late Director-General of the Ordnance Survey.
- George Murray, Esq CB, Secretary to the General Post Office.
- William Henry Preece, Esq CB, Consulting Engineer to the General Post Office.
- Michael Foster, Esq, Secretary to the Royal Society.
- Lieutenant-General Frederick Willis, CB (since deceased).
- Major-General Henry Radford Norman, CB
- Major-General Alexander Hugh Cobbe, CB
- Lieutenant-General Robert Gordon Rogers, CB, Indian Staff Corps.
- Lieutenant-General Benjamin Lumsden Gordon, CB, Royal (late Madras) Artillery.
- Major-General Francis Clery, CB, Deputy-Adjutant-General to the Forces.
- Vice-Admiral Cyprian Bridge.
Companion of the Order of the Bath (CB)
- Civil Division
- James Samuel Gibbons, Esq, Chairman of the Prison Commissioners, Ireland.
- William Graham Greene, Esq, Admiralty.
- Thomas John Pittar, Esq, Principal of the Statistical Department of the Custom House.
- William Tucker, Esq, Assistant-Secretary to the Education Department.
- Captain Thomas Henry Tizard, Royal Navy.
- Military Division
- Surgeon-General Albert Augustus Gore, late-Principal Medical Officer in India.
- Colonel Hugh Sutlej Gough, CMG, half-pay.
- Lieutenant-Colonel and Colonel James Hay, Indian Staff Corps.
- Colonel Morgan Samuel Crofton, DSO, Assistant Adjutant-General in South Africa.
- Lieutenant-Colonel and Colonel James Cook, Indian Staff Corps.
- Lieutenant-Colonel and Brevet Colonel Samuel Job Lea, Army Service Corps, Deputy-Assistant Adjutant-General, Headquarters, Ireland.