This is a list of notable events in country music that took place in the year 1937.
Top hits of the year
- March 20 - Jerry Reed, "swamp rock"-styled singer and guitarist best known for novelty hits, most notably "When You're Hot, You're Hot." (died 2008)
- April 6 - Merle Haggard, innovator of the Bakersfield Sound and a huge country star since the 1960s.
- June 15 - Waylon Jennings, influential rock-styled country performer and originator of the 1970s "outlaw" movement (died 2002).
- August 26 - Don Bowman, musician, songwriter and comedian, original host of radio's American Country Countdown (died 2013).
- November 1 - Bill Anderson, prolific singer-songwriter and television personality whose success has lasted more than 50 years; known as "Whisperin' Bill."
- November 30 - Jimmy Bowen, prominent record producer and executive from the 1970s through 1990s.
- December 16 - Jim Glaser, singer-songwriter and member of Tompall & the Glaser Brothers.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2012)
- Kingsbury, Paul, "Vinyl Hayride: Country Music Album Covers 1947-1989," Country Music Foundation, 2003 (ISBN 0-8118-3572-3)
- Millard, Bob, "Country Music: 70 Years of America's Favorite Music," HarperCollins, New York, 1993 (ISBN 0-06-273244-7)
- Whitburn, Joel. "Top Country Songs 1944-2005 - 6th Edition." 2005.