1946 Major League Baseball season
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
- May 18 – The Chicago Cubs become the first team in Major League history to score six runs in the first and ninth innings of a game, when defeating the New York Giants 19–3.
- June 9 – Mel Ott of the New York Giants is the first manager to be ejected from both games of a doubleheader, when the Giants lose both games to the Pittsburgh Pirates.
National League playoff series
- "Elias Says..." ESPN.com. Retrieved October 9, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Pellowski, Michael J (2007). The Little Giant Book of Baseball Facts. United States: Sterling Publishing Co. p. 352. ISBN 9781402742736.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Weintraub, Robert (2013) The Victory Season: The End of World War II and the Birth of Baseball's Golden Age. New York: Little, Brown & Company. ISBN 978-0-316-20591-7.
|This article relating to a Major League Baseball season is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|