1947 Assam earthquake
|Date||July 29, 1947|
|Origin time||13:43 UTC |
|Magnitude||7.3 Mw |
|Epicenter||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found. |
The 1947 Assam earthquake occurred on July 29 at 13:43 UTC with a magnitude of Mw 7.3. The earthquake was located near the border between British India and the Republic of China, which has then not controlled Tibet. Some sources put the epicenter in the Indian-controlled side, and some put it in the Chinese-controlled side. In the Chinese literature, this earthquake was often located around the Nang County, Tibet.
In Dibrugarh, Jorhat, and Tezpur, there were cracks in walls. Failure of electricity was reported in Guwahati. The released seismic moment was about 1.5×1020 Nm. The mechanism of the earthquake is not well known.
- Engdahl, E. R.; Vallaseñor, A. (2002). "Global seismicity: 1900-1999". International Handbook of Earthquake & Engineering Seismology (PDF). Part A, Volume 81A (First ed.). Academic Press. p. 679. ISBN 978-0124406520.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Paula Dunbar. "Significant Earthquakes Database". noaa.gov.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Documentation on past disasters, their impact, measures taken, vulnerable areas in Assam" (PDF).<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "青藏块体8级左右地震前中强地震活动图像的相似性演化" by 朱红彬
- "Instantaneous deformation and kinematics of the India-Australia Plate" by M. Delescluse and N. Chamot-Rooke
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).