1955 in the Soviet Union
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 2 June - Belgrade declaration
- 15 November - Władysław Gomułka initiates talks about the Repatriation of Poles (1955–59).
- 22 November - The first Soviet hydrogen bomb, RDS-37, is tested.
- 30 November - The 1st Soviet Antarctic Expedition begins.
- 31 December - The Pospelov Commission is set up.
- 22 March - Valdis Zatlers, President of Latvia
- 16 May - Olga Korbut, Belorussian Olympic gymnast
- 1 July - Nikolai Demidenko, pianist
- 7 August - Vladimir Sorokin, writer
- 7 September - Efim Zelmanov, mathematician
- 13 October - Sergei Shepelev, ice hockey player
|This Soviet Union–related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|