1958 in Malaya
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1958 in Malaya
1 year of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Tuanku Abdul Rahman of Negeri Sembilan
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Tuanku Kurshiah of Negeri Sembilan
- Prime Minister: Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj
- Deputy Prime Minister: Datuk Abdul Razak
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ibrahim
- Sultan of Kedah:
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Ibrahim
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Yusuf Izzuddin Shah
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Abu Bakar
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tengku Munawir (Regent)
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Raja Tun Uda
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Leong Yew Koh
- (Source: Malaysian Department of Informations)
- February - Sulaiman Courts, Malaya first residential flats is opened.
- May - The Klang Gates Dam is opened as first water reservoir dam in Klang Valley
- 1 June - The Royal Malayan Air Force (RMAF) is established.
- 26 August - The Malayan People's Socialist Front (later renamed as the Malayan People's Socialist Party) was formed.
- 6 December - The Indian President, Dr. Rajendra Prasad made the first foreign leader visit to Malaya.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Tunku Ibrahim Ismail - Tunku Mahkota of Johor
- Tengku Abdullah - Tengku Mahkota of Pahang
- Yasmin Ahmad – award -winning film director