1959 in Malaya
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1959 in Malaya
2 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Tuanku Abdul Rahman of Negeri Sembilan
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Tuanku Kurshiah of Negeri Sembilan
- Prime Minister: Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj
- Deputy Prime Minister: Datuk Abdul Razak
- Sultan of Johor:
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Ibrahim
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Yusuf Izzuddin Shah
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Abu Bakar
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tengku Munawir (Regent)
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Raja Tun Uda
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Leong Yew Koh
- (Source: Malaysian Department of Informations)
- 26 January - The Central Bank of Malaya (Bank Negara Tanah Melayu) is founded
- 19 February - Election Offences (Amendment) Ordinance 1959 was enacted.
- 20 February - Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah is installed as Sultan of Kedah
- 11 March - The Malayan Federation Royal Police Memorial Monument at Police Training Academy (now PULAPOL) Kuala Lumpur was officialized.
- 24 April - The last meeting of the Federal Legislative Council before being replaced by the Malayan Parliament.
- 19 August - The 1959 General Elections is held for the first time since independence on 31 August 1957.
- 12 September - The first Malayan Parliament opens by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Tengku Abdullah ibni Sultan Ahmad Shah - Tengku Mahkota of Pahang