1960 in Malaya
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1960 in Malaya
3 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong:
- Raja Permaisuri Agong:
- Prime Minister: Tunku Abdul Rahman
- Deputy Prime Minister: Datuk Abdul Razak
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ismail
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Sultan of Kelantan:
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin (Regent from 21 September)
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Yusuf Izzuddin Shah
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Abu Bakar
- Sultan of Selangor:
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Munawir (Regent until 4 April)
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Raja Tun Uda
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Leong Yew Koh
- (Source: Malaysian Department of Informations)
- February - The first FELDA settlers arrived in Lurah Bilut, Pahang.
- 10 February - Sultan Ismail is crowned as Sultan of Johor.
- 4 April - Tuanku Abdul Rahman of Negeri Sembilan, the first Yang di-Pertuan Agong dies. His body was brought back to Negeri Sembilan and laid to rest at Seri Menanti Royal Mausoleum, Seri Menanti.
- 14 April - Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah of Selangor becomes the second Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 27 May - First Malayan Hajj Pilgrimage to Mecca.
- 31 May - Malayan Banking Berhad was incorporated.
- 28 July - The Chinese Hibiscus become as the Malaysian national flower and renamed Bunga Raya.
- 31 July - The second Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah of Selangor declared the state of emergency ends. A victory parade is held in Kuala Lumpur.
- 1 September - The second Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah of Selangor died of a mysterious illness before his installation. His body was brought back to Selangor and laid to rest at royal mausoleum near Sultan Sulaiman Mosque, Klang.
- 21 September - Tuanku Syed Putra of Perlis is elected as the third Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 5 October - Congo Peacekeeping Mission (1960–1962). Malaya sent 1,947 personnel were dispatched as part of the United Nations Operation in the Congo or ONUC.
- 25 October - The Kuala Lumpur British Royal Air Force base was officially handed over to the Malayan Royal Air Force.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|