1960 in Malaya
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1960 in Malaya
3 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong:
- Raja Permaisuri Agong:
- Prime Minister: Tunku Abdul Rahman
- Deputy Prime Minister: Datuk Abdul Razak
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ismail
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Sultan of Kelantan:
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin (Regent from 21 September)
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Yusuf Izzuddin Shah
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Abu Bakar
- Sultan of Selangor:
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Munawir (Regent until 4 April)
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Raja Tun Uda
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Leong Yew Koh
- (Source: Malaysian Department of Informations)
- February - The first FELDA settlers arrived in Lurah Bilut, Pahang.
- 10 February - Sultan Ismail is crowned as Sultan of Johor.
- 4 April - Tuanku Abdul Rahman of Negeri Sembilan, the first Yang di-Pertuan Agong dies. His body was brought back to Negeri Sembilan and laid to rest at Seri Menanti Royal Mausoleum, Seri Menanti.
- 14 April - Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah of Selangor becomes the second Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 27 May - First Malayan Hajj Pilgrimage to Mecca.
- 31 May - Malayan Banking Berhad was incorporated.
- 28 July - The Chinese Hibiscus become as the Malaysian national flower and renamed Bunga Raya.
- 31 July - The second Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah of Selangor declared the state of emergency ends. A victory parade is held in Kuala Lumpur.
- 1 September - The second Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah of Selangor died of a mysterious illness before his installation. His body was brought back to Selangor and laid to rest at royal mausoleum near Sultan Sulaiman Mosque, Klang.
- 21 September - Tuanku Syed Putra of Perlis is elected as the third Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 5 October - Congo Peacekeeping Mission (1960–1962). Malaya sent 1,947 personnel were dispatched as part of the United Nations Operation in the Congo or ONUC.
- 25 October - The Kuala Lumpur British Royal Air Force base was officially handed over to the Malayan Royal Air Force.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)