1960 in archaeology
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
|1780s . 1790s in archaeology . 1800
|Other events: 1790s . Archaeology timeline|
- Fishbourne Roman Palace, West Sussex, by Barry Cunliffe.
- Floors excavated at the Una Vida great house, Chaco Canyon.
- Cape Gelidonya shipwreck excavation, by Peter Throckmorton, George F. Bass and Frédéric Dumas, begins.
- Glyn Daniel - The Prehistoric Chamber Tombs of France.
- Helge Ingstad and Anne Stine Ingstad find apparent Viking site at L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland.
- November 4 - OH 7, first fragments of Homo habilis, discovered by Jonathan Leakey at Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania.
- April 21 - Nicholas Thomas, Australian-born British archaeologist of Oceania
- May 11 - Pál Sümegi, Hungarian geoarchaeologist
- September 1 - Eric H. Cline, American Classical archaeologist
- Timothy Taylor, English archaeologist
- October 6 - Karel Absolon, Czech archaeologist (b. 1877)
- March 11 - Roy Chapman Andrews, American explorer (b. 1884)
- February 20 - Leonard Woolley, English archaeologist (b. 1880)