1963 in art
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
- 8 January – Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa is exhibited in the United States for the first time, at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.
- September – The David Mirvish Gallery is opened in Toronto by David Mirvish.
- 17 November - Museo Bodoniano opens in Parma, Italy.
- First Pirelli Calendar (for 1964), photographed by Robert Freeman in Majorca, issued in the United Kingdom.
- Visione e Colore, Palazzo Grassi, Venice
- Roy Lichtenstein's second solo exhibition, Leo Castelli Gallery, New York City
- Morris Louis memorial exhibition, Guggenheim Museum, New York City
- Georg Baselitz – Die große Nacht im Eimer (Museum Ludwig, Cologne)
- Romare Bearden – Prevalence of Ritual
- Maurice Boitel – Cadaques
- M. C. Escher – Möbius Strip II (Red Ants) (woodcut)
- Edward Hopper – Two Comedians
- Roy Lichtenstein
- René Magritte – The Difficult Crossing (2nd version)
- Lewis Morley – Christine Keeler (photograph)
- John Piper and Patrick Reyntiens – windows at St Andrew's Church, Plymouth
- Andy Warhol
- David Wynne
- January 20 – Mark Ryden, American painter
- April 20 – Rachel Whiteread, English sculptor
- May 16 – Jon Coffelt American painter, sculptor and book artist
- May 31 – Wesley Willis, American artist and musician (d. 2003)
- June 24 – Mike Wieringo, American comic book artist (d. 2007)
- July 20 – Ciruelo Cabral, Argentine fantasy artist
- August 16 – Stevenson Magloire, painter of the School of Saint Soleil (d. 1994)
- date unknown – Marco Evaristti, Chilean sculptor.
- February 27 – Vladimir Konashevich, Russian graphic artists (b. 1888).
- March 1 – Felice Casorati, painter (b. 1883)
- June 9 – Jacques Villon, Cubist painter and printmaker (b. 1875)
- July 16 – Antonio Donghi, painter (b. 1897)
- July 23 – Aleksandr Gerasimov, Socialist realism artist (b. 1881)
- August 11 – Alois Arnegger, Austrian painter (b. 1879)
- August 31 – Georges Braque, painter and sculptor (b. 1882)
- September 11 – Suzanne Duchamp, Dadaist painter and sister of Marcel Duchamp (b. 1889)
- September 19 – David Low, New Zealand-born editorial cartoonist (b. 1891)
- October 20 – Everett Warner, American impressionist painter and printmaker (b. 1877)