1963 in the Philippines
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1963 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1963.
- President: Diosdado Macapagal (Liberal)
- Vice President: Emmanuel Pelaez (Liberal)
- Chief Justice: César Bengzon
- Congress: 5th
- April 5 - Ferdinand Marcos became President of the Senate of the Philippines.
- July 28 - A total of 60 people, including 24 Filipino boy scouts and scout officials en route to Athens, Greece for the 11th World Jamboree, perished when the United Arab Airlines Flight 869 crashed into the Arabian Sea a few miles off Bombay, India.
- August 8 - President Diosdado Macapagal signed the Agricultural Land Reform Code.
- May 12 - Cherie Gil, Filipino actress
- August 11 - Bobby Nalzaro, Filipino radio and television journalist
- October 3 - Marion Peck, Painter
- October 25 - Grace Padaca, Filipino politician and broadcaster
- November 6 - Arthur B. Robes, Filipino politician.
- December 18 - Yves Dignadice, Basketball player
- Benjamin Abadiano, Filipino lexicographer
- March 7 - Jaime C. de Veyra, Filipino academic (born 1873)
- April 11 - Teofisto Guingona, Sr., father of former Vice President Teofisto Guingona, Jr..(born 1883)
- April 12 - Felix Manalo, 76, founder and first Executive Minister of Iglesia ni Cristo. (Born 1886)
- May 1 - Lope K. Santos, Filipino novelist. (born 1879)
- September 13 - Frances E. Parrette (born August 17, 1907)
- Regino Ylanan, Filipino sports administrator, writer and athlete.(born 1889)
- "10 Haunting Last Pictures Taken in Philippine History". Retrieved February 6, 2016.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|This Philippines-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|