1964 in Norway
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|See also:||List of years in Norway|
Events in the year 1964 in Norway.
This section requires expansion. (October 2010)
- 1 January – The town of Brevik, and the rural district of Eidanger, are merged with Porsgrunn
- 14 September – Tromsø Airport is officially opened for traffic
- 26 November – The ocean liner SS Shalom accidentally rammed the Norwegian tanker Stolt Dagali outside New York, resulting in the loss of 19 Stolt Dagali crew members as well as the stern of the tanker.
This section requires expansion. (September 2010)
- At the Winter Olympics in Innsbruck, Austria, Norway finishes 10th in the medal table, with a total of 15 medals, including three golds. However, despite sending 26 competitors to the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Norway fails to win any medals there.
- 11 January - Torstein Aagaard-Nilsen, composer
- 30 January - Anette Wiig Bryn, politician
- 1 February - Bugge Wesseltoft, jazz musician, pianist, composer and producer
- 26 May - Jon Gelius, journalist and television news editor
- 14 December - Erik Skjoldbjærg, film director
- 15 January - Oscar Guttormsen, athlete (b.1884)
- 16 January - Henry Jacobsen, politician (b.1898)
- 30 January - Edvard Christian Danielsen, military officer (born 1888).
- 5 May - Gunnar Kalrasten, politician (b.1905)
- 7 May - Gustav Sjaastad, politician and Minister (b.1902)
- 18 June - Egil Rasmussen, author, literature critic and musician (b.1903)
- 18 June - Olaf Syvertsen, gymnast and Olympic silver medallist (b.1884)
- 29 July - Gunnar Reiss-Andersen, poet and author (b.1896)
- 31 July - Otto Huseklepp, politician (b.1892)
- 25 August - Bernhard Berthelsen, politician (b.1897)
- 28 August - Anders Lundgren, sailor and Olympic gold medallist (b.1898).
- 26 September - Einar Strøm, gymnast and Olympic gold medallist (b.1885).
- 6 October - Ole Aanderud Larsen, ship designer and businessperson (b.1884)
- 8 October - Ragnar Haugen, boxer (b.1911)
- 29 October - Henry Larsen, Arctic explorer in Canada (b.1899)
- 31 October - Kåre Christiansen, bobsledder (b.1911)
- 27 November - Erling Johannes Norvik, politician (b.1899)
- 31 December - Peder Alsvik, politician (b.1882)
Full date unknown
- Lauritz Bergendahl, Nordic skier (b.1887)
- Einar Halvorsen, speed skater (b.1872)
- Hans Severin Jelstrup, astronomer (b.1893)
- Sigurd Halvorsen Johannessen, politician (b.1881)
- Jon Jørundson Mannsåker, priest and politician (b.1880)
- Lars Magnus Moen, politician and Minister (b.1885)
- International Olympic Committee results database
- Johnson, Jon Anton. "Edvard Christian Danielsen". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 15 June 2013. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Anders Lundgren". SR/Olympic Sports. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 12 November 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Einar Strøm". SR/Olympic Sports. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 12 November 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1964 in Norway.|