1965 in Malaysia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1965 in Malaysia
8 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong:
- Raja Permaisuri Agong:
- Prime Minister: Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj
- Deputy Prime Minister: Datuk Abdul Razak
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ismail
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Yahya Petra
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin (Regent until 21 September)
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Idris Shah II
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Abu Bakar
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Tengku Mahmud (Regent)
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Munawir
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Raja Tun Uda
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Haji Abdul Malek bin Yusuf
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak: Tun Abang Haji Openg
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah:
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Singapore: Yusuf Ishak (until 9 August)
- January – The International School of Kuala Lumpur (ISKL) is established.
- 22 June – The Central Electricity Board (CEB) was renamed to the Lembaga Letrik Negara (National Electricity Board) (LLN).
- August – Opening of the Jalan Kinabalu Flyover. It was the first flyover in Malaysia since independence
- 7 August – Tunku Abdul Rahman, Prime Minister of Malaysia, recommends the expulsion of Singapore from the Federation of Malaysia, negotiating its separation with Lee Kuan Yew, Prime Minister of the State of Singapore.
- 9 August – Singapore is expelled from the Federation of Malaysia.
- 27 August – The Masjid Negara in Kuala Lumpur, a symbol of Islam as the official religion of Malaysia is officially opened.
- 30 August – The Subang Airport near Subang, Selangor is officially opened.
- 21 September – Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah of Terengganu is elected as the fourth Yang di-Pertuan Agong
- 14 September - 21 September - 1965 Southeast Asian Peninsular Games
- Dato' Seri Dr Mohd Khir Toyo — Menteri Besar of Selangor (2000–2008)
- Hani Mohsin — Celebrities and the host of the TV gameshow of Wheel of Fortune's Malaysia version Roda Impian
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)