1971 in Malaysia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1971 in Malaysia
14 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Sultanah Bahiyah
- Prime Minister: Tun Abdul Razak
- Deputy Prime Minister: Tun Dr Ismail
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ismail
- Sultan of Kedah: Tengku Abdul Malik (Regent)
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Yahya Petra (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Idris Shah II
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Abu Bakar
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Jaafar
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Tun Syed Sheikh Barabakh
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca:
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak: Tun Tuanku Bujang Tuanku Othman
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah: Tun Pengiran Ahmad Raffae
- 5 January – Kuala Lumpur hit by flash floods. 22 people were killed.
- 5 February – The Parliament government is restored after it was suspended during the Incident of 13 May 1969.
- 20 February – Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah of Kedah is installed as the fifth Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 3 April – The Malaysia Airlines Systems (MAS) was founded.
- 11 July – The Malaysian New Economic Policy is launched.
- 9 September – The Star, a Malaysian newspaper, was founded.
- December – The flash floods hit Temerloh, Pahang.
- 6 December - 13 December – 1971 Southeast Asian Peninsular Games
- Tuanku Siti Aishah of Selangor and 11th Raja Permaisuri Agong
- Amy Mastura – Malaysian singers and actress
- Chen Twu Bian – Malaysian Chinese
- Hans Isaac – Malaysian entertainer
- Wazi Abdul Hamid – Malaysian motorcycle cub prix rider
- Azman Adnan –Malaysian footballer
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|