1972 in Malaysia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1972 in Malaysia
15 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Sultanah Bahiyah
- Prime Minister: Tun Abdul Razak
- Deputy Prime Minister: Tun Dr Ismail
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ismail
- Sultan of Kedah: Tengku Abdul Malik (Regent)
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Yahya Petra (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Idris Shah II
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Abu Bakar
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Jaafar
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Tun Syed Sheikh Barabakh
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Haji Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Majid
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak: Tun Tuanku Bujang Tuanku Othman
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah: Tun Pengiran Ahmad Raffae
- 1 February – Kuala Lumpur was accorded city status. Tan Sri Dato' Lokman Yusof became the first Lord Mayor (Datuk Bandar).
- February – Elizabeth II makes her first official visit to Malaysia.
- March – Lee Kuan Yew visit to Malaysia,after Singapore separation from Malaysia in August 9 1965.
- 19 June – TV Pendidikan, Malaysia's first and the only educational TV programme is officially launched.
- 13 September – About 27 people were killed in a river ferry disaster at Kerian River of the Perak-Kedah border.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Victor Wong – Malaysian Chinese singers
- Eja (Siti Shahrizah bt Saifuddin) – Malaysian model and actress
- Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor – first Malaysian angkasawan (Cosmonaut)
- Tan Sri Dato' Lokman Yusof – first Lord Mayor (Datuk Bandar) of Kuala Lumpur,