1974 in Malaysia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1974 in Malaysia
17 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Sultanah Bahiyah
- Prime Minister: Tun Abdul Razak
- Deputy Prime Minister: Dato' Hussein Onn
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ismail
- Sultan of Kedah: Tengku Abdul Malik (Regent)
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Yahya Petra (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Idris Shah II
- Sultan of Pahang:
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Jaafar
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Tun Syed Sheikh Barabakh
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Haji Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Majid
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak: Tun Tuanku Bujang Tuanku Othman
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah: Tun Fuad Stephens
- 1 January – The pilling works for the KOMTAR building in Penang are completed.
- 28 January – The 1974 Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Agreement signed at Istana Negara, Kuala Lumpur between Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah with Sultan Salahuddin of Selangor.
- 1 February – Kuala Lumpur became an independent Federal Territory. Previously, it was part of the state of Selangor.
- May – Barisan Nasional (National Front) (BN), Malaysia's largest party was formed replaced Parti Perikatan (Alliance Party).
- June – Tun Abdul Razak visits China and meets its premier Mao Zedong.
- 7 June – Tan Sri Abdul Rahman Hashim, an Inspector General of Police was assassinated by the communist rebels in Kuala Lumpur.
- 17 August – Petronas, first Malaysian petroleum and gas company was founded.
- 24 August – The 1974 Malaysian General Elections.
- 23 September –Student unrest in the University of Malaya (UM).
- 1 December – Bank Simpanan Nasional (Malay: National Savings Bank) (BSN) was founded.
Sains dan Teknologi Alat Perpaduan
- 1 September - 16 September – Malaysia participates in the 1974 Asian Games, taking one Silver and five Bronze medals.
- 9 February – Erra Fazira – beauty queen, model, singer and actress
- 7 May – Sultan Abu Bakar of Pahang
- 7 June – Tan Sri Abdul Rahman Hashim - Inspector General of Police