1974 in the Philippines
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1974 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1974.
- March 11 - Japanese lieutenant Hiroo Onoda, one of the longest-remaining Japanese holdouts, formally surrendering his sword to President Marcos at Malacañang Palace after continuing to fight for 29 years in the Lubang Island.
- July 21 – Miss Universe 1974, the 23rd Miss Universe pageant, was held in Manila. Outgoing Miss Universe Margarita Moran, of the Philippines crowned the tearful pageant winner, Amparo Muñoz of Spain.
- September 1 - 16 – The Philippines participated in the 1974 Asian Games held in Tehran, Iran. It ranked 15th with no gold medals, 2 silver medals and 11 bronze medals with a total of 13 over-all medals.
- September 21 - 29 – The 1974 Men's World Weightlifting Championships were held in Manila.
- February 6 – Aljo Bendijo, Filipino journalist, news anchor
- February 7 – Cheryl Cosim, Filipina journalist, news anchor and TV host
- March 17 – Paolo Bediones, Filipino journalist and TV host
- April 5 – Sheryl Cruz, Filipina actress
- May 1 – Charlene Gonzales, Filipina TV host and wife of Aga Muhlach
- May 14 – Jennifer Sevilla
- May 19 – Marjorie Barretto
- June 24 – Ruffa Gutierrez
- August 21 – Martin Andanar
- November 1 – Sharmaine Arnaiz
- November 15 – Jiggy Manicad
- December 5 – Donita Rose
- December 11 - Lucy Torres
- "10 Lesser-Known Photos from Martial Law Years That Will Blow You Away". Retrieved February 6, 2016.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- 1974 Asian Games medal tally