1975 in Malaysia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1975 in Malaysia
18 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong:
- Raja Permaisuri Agong:
- Prime Minister: Tun Abdul Razak
- Deputy Prime Minister: Dato' Hussein Onn
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ismail
- Sultan of Kedah: Tengku Abdul Malik (Regent until 21 September)
- Sultan of Kelantan: Tengku Ismail Petra (Regent from 21 September)
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Idris Shah II
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Ahmad Shah (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Jaafar
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang:
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca:
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak: Tun Tuanku Bujang Tuanku Othman
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah:
- 31 March – Tun Abdul Razak visits China and meet the premier Mao Zedong.
- June – The pilling works for the Kompleks Tun Abdul Razak (KOMTAR) in Penang are completed.
- 5 August – The AIA building hostage crisis occurred, led by Japanese Red Army.
- 27 August – The Tugu Negara (National Monument) was bombed by the communist terrorist.
- 21 September – Sultan Yahya Petra of Kelantan is elected as the sixth Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 13 November – Tan Sri Khoo Chong Kong, a Perak state police chief was assassinated by the communist rebels in Ipoh, Perak.
- Lee Wan Wah – Malaysians badminton player (doubles)
- Hidayat Hamidon – Malaysian weightlifting
- Janet Khoo – Malaysian Chinese teen actress
- Abdul Malik Mydin – Malaysian solo swimmer
- Tun Syed Sheikh Barabakh – Penang state governor (Yang di-Pertua Negeri)
- Tan Sri Khoo Chong Kong – Perak state police chief