1979 in the People's Republic of China
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
(Redirected from 1979 in China)
|See also:||Other events of 1979
List of years in China
Timeline of Chinese history
1979 in the Republic of China
Events in the year 1979 in the People's Republic of China.
- De facto leader - Deng Xiaoping
- Communist Party Leader - Hua Guofeng
- De facto Head of State - Ye Jianying
- Premier - Hua Guofeng
- January 1 – The United States and the People's Republic of China establish full diplomatic relations.
- January - The One Child Policy is announced and implemented (est.)
- February 17 – The People's Republic of China invades northern Vietnam, launching the Sino-Vietnamese War.
- March 14 – In China, a Hawker Siddeley Trident crashes into a factory near Beijing, killing at least 260.
- February 9 – Zhang Ziyi, Chinese film actress
- March 5 – Tang Gonghong, Female Chinese weightlifter
- March 12 – Liu Xuan, Chinese Gymnast
- August 27 – Tian Liang, Chinese diver
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2012)|
- Rocha da Silva, Pascal (2006). "La politique de l'enfant unique en République populaire de Chine" ("The politics of one child in the People's Republic of China"). Université de Genève (University of Geneva). p. 22-8. (French)