1982 in Malaysia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1982 in Malaysia
25 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Sultan Ahmad Shah of Pahang
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Tengku Ampuan Afzan of Pahang
- Prime Minister: Dato' Sri Dr Mahathir Mohammad
- Deputy Prime Minister: Dato' Musa Hitam
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Iskandar (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Ismail Petra
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Idris Shah II
- Sultan of Pahang: Tengku Abdullah (Regent)
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Mahmud Al-Muktafi Billah Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Jaafar
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Tun Dr Awang Hassan
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Syed Zahiruddin bin Syed Hassan
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak: Tun Abdul Rahman Ya'kub
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah: Tun Mohd Adnan Robert
- 1 January – The time zone in Peninsular Malaysia & Singapore has changed to GMT+08:00 and it has not changed since 1982
- 1 January – The metric system of weights and measurements were introduced to replace the British imperial systems.
- 3 January – Kota Darul Ehsan the biggest arch in Malaysia is opened.
- 10 January – The former Defence Minister, Tan Sri Ghazalie Shafie, survives a plane crash.
- February – The construction of the Penang Bridge projects had begun.
- 13 February – The first section of North-South Expressway, Kuala Lumpur-Seremban Expressway toll sections from Sungai Besi to Labu was opened to traffic.
- March – The second version of Malaysian Ringgit RM 1 notes is introduced.
- April – The 1982 Malaysian General Elections. The State Assemblyman for Tampin, Negri Sembilan, Datuk Mohd Taha Talib was found murdered. The then Culture, Youth and Sports Minister, Datuk Mokhtar Hashim was arrested and later convicted in connection with the murder.
- 29 April – McDonald's Malaysia opened its first restaurant at Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur.
- 31 August – Malaysia celebrates its Silver Jubilee (25 years) of independence
Berdisiplin Giat Maju
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Quincy Tan – Malaysian Chinese singer-songwriter
- Daniel Lee Chee Hun – Malaysian Chinese singer
- Achik Spin (real name Abdillah Murad Md Shari) – vocalist in Spin rock band and husband to the singer Siti Nordiana (Nana)
- Hafiz Hashim – Malaysian badminton player
- Lee Chong Wei – Malaysian badminton player
- Chin Eei Hui — Malaysian woman badminton player (doubles)
- Mohamed Fairuz Fauzy – Malaysian A1GP driver
- Mohd Rizalman bin Abd. Rahman – Negeri Sembilan football player
|This Southeast Asian history-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|