1984 in Malaysia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1984 in Malaysia
27 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong:
- Raja Permaisuri Agong:
- Prime Minister: Dato' Sri Dr Mahathir Mohammad
- Deputy Prime Minister: Dato' Musa Hitam
- Sultan of Johor: Tunku Ibrahim Ismail (Regent from 26 April)
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Ismail Petra
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak:
- Sultan of Pahang: Tengku Abdullah (Regent until 25 April)
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Mahmud Al-Muktafi Billah Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Jaafar
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Tun Dr Awang Hassan
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca:
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak: Tun Abdul Rahman Ya'kub
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah: Tun Mohd Adnan Robert
- 1 January – Hotel Majestic (later occupied by Balai Seni Lukis Negara (National Art Gallery)) was closed after 52 years of operation. It will not reopen until 2013.
- 11 January – Dr. Zaini Shaarani, a staff from Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) become first Malaysian to reach the Mount Kala Pattar.
- 12 January – The National Incorporation policy and Agriculture policy are introduced.
- January – The federal government plans to build the transit system between Sentul and Petaling Jaya.
- 31 January – Sultan Idris Shah II of Perak died suddenly after suffering a heart attack in Lumut, Perak. On 3 February, he was replaced by his nephew, Sultan Azlan Shah.
- 1 February – Official opening of the Bandar Tun Razak by the Prime Minister, Mahathir Mohammad in conjunction of the 10th anniversary of the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur.
- February – The Kuala Lumpur International Marathon is held for the first time.
- February – Johore Safari World was closed after three years of operation.
- 1 April – TV3 was test of transmissions until trial of broadcasts before 2 months.
- 11 April – Official opening of the new Sabah Museum by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Sultan Ahmad Shah of Pahang.
- 16 April – Labuan island become the second Federal Territory after Kuala Lumpur.
- 26 April – Sultan Iskandar of Johor is elected as the eighth Yang di-Pertuan Agong replacing Sultan Ahmad Shah of Pahang.
- 5 May – Dayabumi the famous landmark in Kuala Lumpur is opened.
- 17 May – The Edaran Otomobil Nasional Berhad (EON) is established.
- 1 June – TV3 was officially launching ceremonies by the Prime Minister of Malaysia's Father Mahathir Mohamad at 18:00 MST after broadcasts introduction.
- 7 June – The name "Saga" was chosen as the first national cars.
- 22 September – Sultan Iskandar of Johor is installed as Yang di-Pertuan Agong
Amanah Asas Kejayaan
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Leong Mun Yee - Malaysian diving
- Fasha Sandha - Malaysian actress
- Tunku Ismail Ibrahim - Crown prince of Johor and the officer of the Indian Army