1993 in Malaysia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
1993 in Malaysia is the 36th anniversary of Malaysia's independence.
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Sultan Azlan Shah
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Tuanku Bainun
- Prime Minister: Dato' Seri Dr Mahathir Mohammad
- Deputy Prime Minister:
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Iskandar
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Ismail Petra
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Raja Nazrin Shah (Regent)
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Ahmad Shah
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Mahmud Al-Muktafi Billah Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Jaafar (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Tun Dr Hamdan Sheikh Tahir
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Syed Ahmad Al-Haj bin Syed Mahmud Shahabuddin
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak: Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce Mohammed Noor
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah: Tun Said Keruak
- 1 January – The Malaysian Highway Network Development Plan blueprint is launched
- 1 March – The Securities Commission (SC) is established.
- March – The Constitutional Amendment Bill to strip the Malay Rulers of their legal immunity from prosecution and other privileges was implemented.
- April – Malaysia sent the Malaysian Battalion (MALBATT) peacekeepers to Bosnia and Herzegovina as part of the United Nations Protection Force (UNPROFOR).
- 21 May – Proton Wira, the second car in the line of Proton cars, is launched.
- 1 June – The breakground ceremony for the new Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) in Sepang by the Prime Minister, Mahathir Mohammad.
- 18 July – Dato' Mazlan Idris, an Batu Talam DUN assemblyman for Pahang state was murdered by Maznah Ismail aka Mona Fandey, Mohd Affendi Abdul Rahman and Juraimi Hussin.
- 31 August – The Negaraku national anthem is given a new quickmarch version.
- 3-4 October – Private Mat Aznan Awang, one of Malaysian soldiers was killed in action during Battle of Mogadishu, Somalia.
- 20 November – AirAsia, Malaysia's first low cost carrier is established.
- 1 December – Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim was appointed Deputy Prime Minister replaced Tun Ghafar Baba.
- 11 December – 48 people were killed when a block of the Highland Towers collapsed at Taman Hillview, Ulu Klang, Selangor.
Bersatu Menuju Wawasan
National Day Parade
- The fifteenth edition of the Men's Champions Trophy took place from Saturday 3 July until Sunday 11 July in the Tun Razak Stadium in Kuala Lumpur.
- 12 January – Syahrul Azwari Ibrahim, Malaysian footballer
- 19 January – Muhammad Akram Mahinan, Malaysian footballer
- 11 February – Zulfadli Zulkiffli, Malaysian footballer
- 14 February – Mohd Farhan Abu Bakar, Malaysian footballer
- 2 March – Pandelela Rinong — Malaysian divers
- 2 April – Mira Filzah, actress.
- 6 April – Nazirul Naim Che Hashim, Malaysian footballer
- 27 May – Khairulnizam Mohd Afendy, sailor,
- 16 July – Che Puan Khaleeda Bustaman,
- 16 July – Muhammad Zulhisyam, Malaysian footballer
- 20 September – Addy Ashraf, actor
- 18 October – Mohammad Razman Abdul Aziz, singer, former Akademi Fantasia 2014 alumni.
- 24 October – Nabil Jeffri, Malaysian car racer.
- 18 December – Elizabeth Tan, singer.
- 22 December – Muhammad Fazly Mazlan, Malaysian footballer.
- Mohamed Hamzah — Architect of the Malaysian flag
- Sultanah Zainab of Kelantan – sixth Raja Permaisuri Agong
- Tengku Ampuan Rahimah of Selangor – consort of Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah of Selangor