2013 in the Netherlands
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Year in the Netherlands:|
|2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015
This article lists some of the events that took place in the Netherlands in 2013.
- Monarch: Beatrix (abdicated, April 30), William-Alexander (ascended April 30)
- Prime Minister: Mark Rutte
- 1: During new years night in Raard a woman drives into a group of people leaving 17 people injured. One of the victims later succumbs to his injuries.
- 10: During the new years reception of the umbrella organization of independent financial advisers, 477 attendees pledge the bankers oath for the first time in the presence of minister Dijsselbloem.
- 13: Sven Kramer becomes European ice-skating champion in the man's division and Ireen Wüst becomes champion in the woman's division.
- 15: Bob de Vries wins in Noordlaren the first marathon on natural ice of 2013. Mariska Huisman is the fastest in the woman's division.
- 28: Beatrix, incumbent Queen of the Netherlands, announces that on the 30th of April she will abdicate and hand the reign over to her son William-Alexander.
- 13: Prayer-day for crops and labor.
- 16: poker player Ruben Visser wins in season 9 of the European Poker Tour in London and gains £595.000.
- 6: Two brothers (7 and 9) are missing, their father is found dead a day later. The bodies of the two brothers are found on May 19th near a drainage tube in Cothen
- 8: Journalist Judith Spiegel and her husband Boudewijn Berendsen are abducted in Yemen. They ar released on the 10th of December.
- 11: Led by the SER an energy deal on the main lines comes to fruition between the political establishment, business community and environmental organizations.
- 23: In amusement-park Walibi Holland a 10-year-old Israeli girl gets heavily injured in a water attraction and loses her foot.
- 25: In both The Netherlands as in Belgium an official heatwave breaks out, it's the first heatwave since July 2006.
- 4: An 23-year-old Polish man drowns near Callantsoog.
- 12: Prince Friso is announced dead due to complications from his skiing accident.
- 23: An 32-year-old Polish man drowns in the Piusharbor, Tilburg.
- 8: A family tragedy takes place in Schoonloo.
- 13: DierenPark Amersfoort closes its gates for the second time in its history after severe rainfall.
- 15: Michel van Egmond's book Gijp wins the NS Publieksprijs voor het Nederlandse Boek. The book is about former soccer-player and pundit René van der Gijp.
- 28: Hurricane wind strength are measured on the island of Vlieland and at Lauwersoog the heaviest wind thrust is recorded at 152 km/h.
- 12: The rare northern hawk-owl is spotted in Zwolle. The owl was last seen in 2005. the previous 100 years it had only been spotted 3 times.
- 30: The Association Council of the AVRO and the Member Council of the TROS approve the merger proposition of the 2 public broadcasters. Starting 1 January 2014 both will continue as AVROTROS.
- April 3-7: Ellen van Dijk wins the 2013 Energiewacht Tour
- July 18-21 Netherlands at the 2013 European Road Championships
- July 19 - August 4 Netherlands at the 2013 World Aquatics Championships
- The Netherlands wins 1 gold and 3 bronze medals.
- The Netherlands wins 1 silver and 1 bronze medal.
- September 3-8: Ellen van Dijk wins the 2013 Boels Rental Ladies Tour
- September 22-29 Netherlands at the 2013 UCI Road World Championships
- October 18-20 Netherlands at the 2013 UEC European Track Championships
- The Netherlands win 2 gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze medal.
- 2013–14 Eredivisie
- 2012–13 Eerste Divisie
- 2013–14 KNVB Cup
- 2013 Johan Cruijff Schaal
- Netherlands national football team 2013
- Netherlands in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013
- Netherlands in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2013
- List of Dutch Top 40 number-one singles of 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2013 in the Netherlands.|