2013 in the United Arab Emirates
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Events from the year 2013 in the United Arab Emirates.
- February 4 - A collision between a truck and a bus carrying Bangladeshi workers kills 22 people and injures 24 others in Al Ain.
- April 18 - Authorities in the United Arab Emirates say they have arrested seven suspected members of an al-Qaeda-linked "terrorist cell" seeking to carry out operations in the country and the region.
- July 2 - 68 Islamists accused of conspiring against the United Arab Emirates federal government, sentenced to 15 years.
- July 17 - In a new law the United Arab Emirates is offering citizens a gram of gold for every kilogram of weight they lose in an attempt to curb the rising obesity rate in the nation.
- August 19 - Attorney general Mohammad Ishaq Aloko is fired by Afghan President Hamid Karzai, over an unsanctioned meeting with Taliban peace negotiators in the United Arab Emirates.