|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2019 2020 2021 – 2022 – 2023 2024 2025|
|Ab urbe condita||2775|
|British Regnal year||70 Eliz. 2 – 71 Eliz. 2|
|Chinese calendar||辛丑年 (Metal Ox)
4718 or 4658
— to —
壬寅年 (Water Tiger)
4719 or 4659
|- Vikram Samvat||2078–2079|
|- Shaka Samvat||1944–1945|
|- Kali Yuga||5123–5124|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 34
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 111
|Thai solar calendar||2565|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2022.|
2022 (MMXXII) is the current year, and is a common year starting on Saturday (dominical letter B) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2022nd year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 22nd year of the 3rd millennium, the 22nd year of the 21st century, and the 3rd year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- The 2022 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to be held in Qatar.
- Germany plans to phase out the last of its nuclear power plants.
- 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann will possibly cause a meteor shower.
- ESA's Jupiter Icy Moon Explorer is scheduled to be launched.
- Deadman Wonderland (2007) takes place in the year 2022.
- Sword Art Online (2009) initially takes place on November 6, 2022.
- Goldfinger (film) (1964), the film's antagonist, Auric Goldfinger, states that he planned to release an atomic device over Fort Knox's gold vault, which would make the gold useless for 58 years. If the plan was set in motion, the gold would be radiated until 2022.
- Soylent Green (1973)
- No Escape (1994)
- Kim Possible: A Sitch in Time (2003), according to Ron Stoppable, Shego is the dictator of the world known as The Supreme One at this point ("20 years from now").
- The Purge (2013), from the evening of March 21 to the morning of March 22.
- Year Zero (2007): According to the information discovered from the viral marketing campaign for the concept album by Nine Inch Nails, its story takes place in 2022 A.D., which in America is referred to as 0000 B.A. (Born Again) after several cataclysmic events.
- The events of the video game Cyberball (1988) take place in the year 2022
- Perfect Dark (Game Boy Color) (2000).
- The fictional video game Sword Art Online (2009), from the Japanese light novel series of the same name, is launched at 13:00 on 6 November 2022.
- "Germany: Nuclear power plants to close by 2022". BBC News. May 30, 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Comet Breakup Points to Possible Meteor Shower in 2022". Space.com. May 10, 2006. Retrieved November 12, 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Jonathan Amos (May 2, 2012). "Esa selects 1bn-euro Juice probe to Jupiter". BBC News Online. BBC. Retrieved May 13, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Cyberball Arcade Flyer". The Arcade Flyer Archive. The Arcade Flyer Archive. Retrieved November 30, 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>