2d Space Launch Squadron
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|2d Space Launch Squadron|
2d Space Launch Squadronemblem
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Garrison/HQ||Vandenberg AFB, California|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
On 18 May 1998, the 2 SLS and 4 SLS merged into one squadron, the 2 SLS. The merged squadron was responsible for overseeing launch operations at Vandenberg AFB. The reason for the merger was the similarity in missions performed by both units.
- 2d Space Launch Squadron (11 September 1990 - 2005)
- 30th Space Wing (19 November 1991 - 2005) 
- Western Space and Missile Center (1 October 1990 - 19 November 1991)
Aircraft & Missiles Operated
- Air Force Association: "Two Space Squadrons Merge"
- Rogers, B. (2006). United States Air Force Unit Designations Since 1978. ISBN 1-85780-197-0
- World Airpower Journal. (1992). US Air Force Air Power Directory. Aerospace Publishing: London, UK. ISBN 1-880588-01-3
- Air Force Personnel Center Awards Search (Post-1991)