469th Bombardment Group
|469th Bombardment Group|
|Branch||United States Army Air Forces|
The 469th Bombardment Group is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the Second Air Force, being stationed at Alexandria Army Air Base, Louisiana. It was inactivated on 1 April 1944.
Activated during World War II as a B-17 Flying Fortress aircrew replacement training unit, the vast majority of its graduates deployed to either Eighth or Fifteenth Air Force combat groups in England or Italy. Inactivated in early 1944 as the need for B-17 aircrews diminished.
- Constituted as 469th Bombardment Group (Heavy) on 22 April 1943
- Activated on 1 May 1943
- Disbanded on 1 April 1944
- II Bomber Command, 1 May 1943 – 1 April 1944
- 796th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- 797th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- 798th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- 799th Bombardment Squadron: 1943–1944
- Pueblo Army Air Base, Colorado, 1 May 1943
- Alexandria Army Air Base, Louisiana, 7 May 1943 – 1 April 1944.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.