67th Troop Carrier Squadron
|67th Troop Carrier Squadron|
|Branch||United States Air Force|
The 67th Troop Carrier Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the 433d Troop Carrier Group, based at Rhein-Main Air Base, West Germany. It was inactivated on July 14, 1952.
Established under I Troop Carrier Command, January 1943. after training deployed to Fifth Air Force in the Southwest Pacific Theater, August 1943 during the New Guinea Campaign. Engaged in combat operations, flying combat cargo resupply missions, troop carrier missions, parachute drops and other missions as necessary in New Guinea, Dutch East Indies; Philippine Campaign and the Battle of Okinawa. Participated in the Occupation of Japan, 1945-1946.
Reactivated in the Air Force Reserve 1947, activated at Cleveland Airport, Ohio. Not equipped or manned until 1950 when moved to Greenville AFB, South Carolina when equipped with C-119 Flying Boxcars. Activated during Korean War, personnel and equipment used as filler replacements in various active duty units, then inactivated.
Operations and Decorations
- Combat Operations: World War II
- Campaigns: Air Offensive, Japan; New Guinea; Northern Solomons; Bismarck Archipelago; Western Pacific; Leyte; Luzon; Southern Philippines; Ryukyus
- Decorations: Philippine Presidential Unit Citation.
- Constituted 67th Troop Carrier Squadron on January 22, 1943
- Activated on February 9, 1943
- Inactivated on January 15, 1946
- Activated in the reserve on April 13, 1947
- Re-designated 67th Troop Carrier Squadron (Medium) on June 27, 1949
- Ordered to active service on October 15, 1950
- Inactivated on July 14, 1952
- Activated 18 May 1955
- Re-designated 67th Military Airlift Squadron on 1 July 1967
- Inactivated 30 June 1974
- 433d Troop Carrier Group, February 9, 1943 – January 15, 1946
- Eleventh Air Force, April 13, 1947
- 433d Troop Carrier Group, July 6, 1947 – July 14, 1952; 18 May 1955 – 14 April 1959
- 433d Troop Carrier Wing, 14 April 1959 – 17 January 1963
- 921st Tactical Airlift Group, 17 January 1963 – 30 June 1974
- C-47 Skytrain, 1943–1944
- C-46 Commando, 1944–1945
- C-119 Flying Boxcar, 1950–1952; 1955-1971
- C-130 Hercules, 1971-1974
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).