|Type||Infantry fighting vehicle|
|Place of origin||France|
|Crew||3 crew + 8 troops|
|Armour||Frontal armour resistant against 23 mm API from 300 m|
|20mm automatic cannon M693 F1 (800 rounds)|
|7.62mm co-axial machine gun (2,000 rounds)|
|Engine||Hispano-Suiza HS 115
280 hp (210 kW)
The AMX-10P is a French infantry fighting vehicle. It was developed after 1965 to replace the AMX-VCI in French service; the first prototypes were completed in 1968. It has NBC protection and amphibious capabilities, with hydro jets to swim in water. The AMX-10P has been operated in the past by France, the United Arab Emirates, Greece, Indonesia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Mexico.
The AMX-10P mounts a GIAT M693 20 mm automatic cannon with a day sight with 6× magnification. The cannon, which has an effective range of 1,500 metres, has a rate of fire of 700 rounds per minute. The frontal armour protects against 23 mm API and 14.5 mm API rounds, while all-round protection is against small arms bullets and artillery shell splinters only.[dated info] In the French Army, 108 were to be upgraded between 2006 and 2008, improving the armour and mobility. The modifications will significantly increase the vehicles' protection with the installation of add-on armour, while improving mobility by fitting new suspension systems and a strengthened gearbox. The AMX 10P tracked IFV will be upgraded by Giat Industries.
An active armour kit is currently available. The French Army is currently replacing its AMX-10P vehicles with the new Véhicule Blindé de Combat d'Infanterie. The first regiment to retire all its AMX-10P was the 35th Infantry Regiment in Belfort in December 2008.
- AMX-10P : Standard model with a 20mm cannon
- AMX-10P Driver training vehicle : Has no turret
- AMX-10P/Milan: ATGM launcher vehicle, with two launchers
- AMX/HOT: ATGM launcher vehicle (Toucan II turret, four launchers)
- AMX-10 TM: Mortar carrier towing a 120-mm RT-61 mortar
- AMX-10 PAC 90: Fire support variant with a Giat 90mm gun
- AMX-10P Marine: Improved amphibious variant with either a 12.7mm heavy machine gun, 25mm cannon or 90mm main gun
- AMX-10 PC: Command variant with varied command stations
- AMX-10 RC: Wheeled (6x6) reconnaissance vehicle with 105mm gun
- French Army (Primary user)
- Military of Bosnia and Herzegovina : 25
- Indonesian Marine Corps : 100 in service (?)
- Royal Moroccan Army
- Military of Qatar
- Saudi Arabian Army : 600
- Military of the United Arab Emirates 18
- Argentine TAM
- British FV432 armoured personnel carrier
- British Warrior Tracked Armoured Vehicle
- German Schützenpanzer Marder
- German Schützenpanzer Puma
- Italian Dardo IFV
- Singaporean Bionix AFV
- Soviet BMP-3 IFV
- Swedish CV90 IFV
- US M113 APC
- US M2 Bradley IFV
- Jane's Armour and Artillery 1981–82, p. 225.
- military-today.com website.
- "France to Upgrade 108 AMX-10P APCs". Retrieved 2007-11-27.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- (French) Présentation de la formation "VBCI" au 35e régiment d'infanterie.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AMX-10 P.|