|Born||Wading River, New York|
|Education||Shoreham-Wading River High School, Bard College|
Adam Conover is an American stand-up comedian and television host. He is the host of the half-hour truTV show Adam Ruins Everything, which is based on a CollegeHumor series of the same name. It is a show that tells the people of America the untold and hidden truths/facts about everyday goods and services, and other ideas taken for granted. The first episode of the truTV version premiered on September 29, 2015.
Conover was born in Wading River, New York, to David, a marine biologist, and Margaret Conover, a botanist. He also has a sister who is a nuclear physicist, which has led him to describe himself as "the only member of the family without a Ph.D." In 2000 he graduated from Shoreham-Wading River High School, where he first became interested in performing in theater productions. He then attended Bard College, where he became an active member of the sketch comedy group Olde English and earned a bachelor's degree in philosophy. In 2012 he began working for CollegeHumor. He also contributes his voice to multiple BoJack Horseman characters, including Ethan. In March 2016, he gave a talk at a marketing conference arguing, among other things, that millennials don't really exist.
- Lloyd, Robert (26 September 2015). "TV Picks: 'Late Show,' 'My Brother's Bomber,' 'Adam Ruins Everything'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- Adam Ruins Everything, "Adam Ruins Restaurants", original air date 27 October 2015, ca. 23:40 (including commercials).
- Lovece, Frank (28 September 2015). "'Adam Ruins Everything': LI's Adam Conover creates witty truTV humor series". Newsday. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- Barkley, Giselle (24 September 2015). "North Shore native ready to ‘ruin’ truTV". The Times Beacon Record. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- Champagne, Christine (29 September 2015). "Spoiler Alert: Adam Conover Hilariously Dispels All Your Beliefs To Teach You a Lesson". Fast Company. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Weissmueller, Zach (21 February 2016). "What You Think You Know Is Wrong". Reason. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Smith, Nicole (8 October 2015). "Watch as this Shoreham-Wading River grad ‘Ruins Everything’". Riverhead News-Review. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- Singer, Sarah (21 March 2016). "This Comedian Just Obliterated All Stereotypes About Millennials in One Presentation". Mic. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
|This article about an American comedian is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|