Al-Quds (Arabic: القدس) is the Arabic name for the city of Jerusalem. It is the short form of Arabic: بيت القدس: Beit al-Quds and comes from the verb قدس (qádusa), which means "to be holy", "to be pure".
Al-Quds may also refer to:
- Al-Quds Index, the primary stock index of the Palestine Securities Exchange
- Al-Quds Al-Arabi, Arabic newspaper based in London
- Al-Quds (newspaper), a Palestinian newspaper
- Hawliyat al-Quds, Arabic name for the Jerusalem Quarterly, a biannual journal published in Jerusalem
- Al-Quds Open University, an open university with campuses across the Palestinian territories, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates
- Al-Quds University, the Palestinian university in Jerusalem
- Hadith Qudsi, a sub-category of Hadith, the sayings of Mohammed
- Tafsir Qudsi, a form of Quranic commentary
- Al-Quds Mosque, in Hamburg, Germany
- Astan Quds Razavi, an organization administering the Imam Reza shrine and institutions
- Quds Force, a special unit of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards.
In Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Al-Quds rocket and Al Quds 3, rockets made by Palestinian Islamic Mujahedin
- Al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ)
- International Day of Quds, a day commemorating Jerusalem
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Al-Quds.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.