Alan Morgan (bishop)
He was born on and educated at Gowerton Boys’ Grammar School and St David's College, Lampeter. He was ordained in 1966 and began his ecclesiastical career with curacies in Llangyfelach, Cockett and Coventry. Following these he was appointed Vicar to St Barnabas, Coventry in 1972 and then in 1978 Bishop's Officer for Social Responsibility within the Diocese of Coventry. Appointed Archdeacon of the city in 1983 he ascended to the Episcopate six years later.
At a national level he was chairman of the General Synod’s Board of Social Responsibility’s Working Party on the Future of the Family, which produced a report called 'Something to Celebrate' in 1995. He was also part of the Coalfields Task Force and went on to continue the work as Chair of the Coalfields Regeneration Trust.
|Church of England titles|
Harold Richard Darby
|Bishop of Sherwood
- ”Who's Who 1992 “(London, A & C Black ISBN 0-7136-3514-2)
- Alan Wyndham MORGAN
- “Crockford's clerical directory, 1995” (Lambeth,Church House ISBN 0-7151-8088-6)
- ”Debrett's People of Today 1992” (London, Debrett's) ISBN 1-870520-09-2
- Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham press release http://www.dioceseofsouthwell.couk.com/pr_TributeBishopAlan.html
- Resignation details
- New Years Honours List,2005
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|